On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 11:56:39 GMT, Florian Kirmaier <fkirma...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> The Method javafx.print.getWidth and getHeight returns a double of points.
> But the values are always rounded to full integers. This causes especially
> problems,
> with mm based Papers.
>
> I asked in the mailing list, with the conclusion (me and John Hendrix) that
> is best to just fix this behavior by removing the rounding.

FX uses doubles as a rule and it doesn't preclude that the actual values may
have no fractional part.
NA paper is measured in INCHes and if we have some FP error and end up with
792.0001 pts then the rounding would help.
So I am not sure about removing it completely.
What exact problem does it cause you ? Paper matching to A4 etc should be
working SFAIK.
Perhaps we can tweak the MM case only. Not rounding to whole values but a close
FP representation.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1244#issuecomment-1726623600