On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 17:34:45 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> yeah, I also don't quite understand why we have the rounding (I mean,
> floor'ing) here. I would vote to remove the typecast as the OP proposes.

Phil has some concerns that will need to be looked into.

> But there is more:
>
> 1. why in the world the constructor is not public?  what if I need to print a
> Commercial 8-5/8 envelope?

That's the wrong question to ask, and this PR is the wrong place to ask it. If
I could reformulate your question, I might rather state it as "would it be a
useful enhancement to allow Paper to be customizable?". Maybe (or maybe not),
but as with any other new feature, it needs proper motivation, etc.

> 2. what is going on in hashCode??
>
> ```
>     public final int hashCode() {
>         return (int)width+((int)height<<16)+units.hashCode();
>     }
> ```

This is also unrelated to this PR. It may or may not be a great `hashCode`
implementation, but It meets the contract of hasCode w.r.t. equals. And if it
didn't, it would need a separate bug.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1244#discussion_r1334687579