On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 11:56:39 GMT, Florian Kirmaier <fkirma...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> The Method javafx.print.getWidth and getHeight returns a double of points.
> But the values are always rounded to full integers. This causes especially
> problems,
> with mm based Papers.
>
> I asked in the mailing list, with the conclusion (me and John Hendrix) that
> is best to just fix this behavior by removing the rounding.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/print/Paper.java line 83:

> 81:             case POINT : return dim;
> 82:             case INCH  : return dim * 72;
> 83:             case MM    : return (dim * 72) / 25.4;

yeah,  I also don't quite understand why we have the rounding (I mean,
floor'ing) here.
I would vote to remove the typecast as the OP proposes.

But there is more:
1. why in the world the constructor is not public?  what if I need to print a
Commercial 8-5/8 envelope?
see https://www.papersizes.org/us-envelope-sizes.htm

2. what is going on in hashCode??

    public final int hashCode() {
        return (int)width+((int)height<<16)+units.hashCode();
    }

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1244#discussion_r1334659707