On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 20:34:31 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Provides a public utility method for use by the skins (core and custom) to
>> simplify initialization of styleable properties.
>>

>> + /**
>> + * Utility method which combines CssMetaData items in one unmodifiable list
>> with the size equal to the number
>> + * of items it holds (i.e. with no unnecessary overhead).
>> + *
>> + * @param list the css metadata items, usually from the parent, not nullable
>> + * @param items the additional items
>> + * @return the unmodifiable list containing all of the items
>> + *
>> + * @since 22
>> + */
>> + public static List<CssMetaData<? extends Styleable, ?>> combine(
>> + List<CssMetaData<? extends Styleable, ?>> list,
>> + CssMetaData<? extends Styleable, ?>... items)
>
> Andy Goryachev has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   javadoc

I left a few javadoc comments as well as replies to some of the questions.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css/CssMetaData.java line 31:

> 29: import java.util.List;
> 30: import javafx.scene.Node;
> 31: import com.sun.javafx.UnmodifiableArrayList;

KCR: this is a dummy comment. Ignore it.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css/CssMetaData.java line 338:

> 336:      * <p>
> 337:      * Example:
> 338:      * <pre>

This example also needs code style. Since we can't use `@snippet`, we generally
use:

     * <pre>{@code
     *     // example code goes here
     * }</pre>

Where the above doesn't work for some reason, we use:

     * <pre><code>
     *     // example code goes here
     * </code></pre>

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/css/CssMetaData.java line 345:

> 343:      *  );
> 344:      * </pre>
> 345:      * This method returns an instance of {@link java.util.RandomAccess}
> interface.