On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:42:47 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > stored in a `CopyOnWriteArrayList`
>
> I am sorry, are you proposing to add two pointers to each Node?

I was responding to Nir, seeing if there is an option to make the entire
management of CSS properties simpler.

> > when Skin changes happen
>
> can you please explain how Skins have managed to enter the discussion?
> Styleable properties are a part of the Control, they have nothing to do with
> Skins.

Unfortunately, they do, Skins can have styleable properties, although they seem
to be documented as if they belong to the control.  See `TextInputControl` and
properties like `-fx-prompt-text-fill`.  This has nothing to do with the PR,
but complicates  the implementation (it means for example that the list of
styleable properties is not static and can change each time a skin is changed).

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1296#issuecomment-1832257454