On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:19:18 GMT, Jose Pereda <jper...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This PR replaces the deprecated `gdk_pointer_grab` with `gdk_seat_grab`, and
>> `gdk_pointer_ungrab ` with `gdk_seat_ungrab`, using runtime checks and
>> wrapped functions for GTK 3.20+ (so systems without it still run with GTK
>> 3.8+), and fixes the dragging issue on Wayland.
>
> Jose Pereda has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Add compile-time checks to GdkSeat

The addition of the compile-time flags looks OK.

I did a build with GTK 3.22 (so it compiles the new code, does the dlsym, and
does the runtime check) and verified that there are no regressions when running
on an older system (Ubuntu 16.04).

I then did a full test run on our headful test systems, and there is one new
test failure -- it seems to be intermittent, although fails pretty consistently
on our Ubuntu 22.04 and Ubuntu 20.04 test systems. I can reproduce it locally
on a VM running Ubuntu 22.04, where it fails about 1/2 the time with this patch
applied (it fails more often on our physical test systems).

DatePickerTest > testDatePickerSceneChange FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError: Timeout: Failed to receive onAction call.
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:89)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:42)
        at test.util.Util.waitForLatch(Util.java:400)
        at
test.robot.javafx.scene.DatePickerTest.clickDatePickerCalendarPopup(DatePickerTest.java:90)
        at
test.robot.javafx.scene.DatePickerTest.testDatePickerSceneChange(DatePickerTest.java:123)

Not sure what to make of this. I am not aware of any problems with this test,
but it's possible that your fix has exposed a latent issue either in the test
or somewhere else.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1305#issuecomment-1861759137