On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 21:36:03 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> tests/system/src/test/java/test/com/sun/javafx/text/TextLayoutTest.java line
>> 58:
>>
>>> 56:     private final PrismTextLayout layout = new PrismTextLayout();
>>> 57:     private final PGFont font = (PGFont)
>>> FontHelper.getNativeFont(Font.font("Monaco", 12));
>>> 58:     private final PGFont font2 = (PGFont)
>>> FontHelper.getNativeFont(Font.font("Tahoma", 12));
>>
>> are these fonts available on all platforms?
>> what would happen if the font with this name is not found?
>
> They may not be present on all platforms, but that doesn't matter. All that
> matters is that they're present in our 3 build environments (linux, mac,
> windows), and since the build is succeeding, they must be present :)
>
> If they're not present, the test will simply fail.

However... it does mean these fonts need to be present on your local
environment as well if you want to build with test succeeding.  I don't know if
we can make that a requirement.  I could add JUnit 5 `assume` here, but then it
may magically stop executing the test if these fonts were ever removed from our
build environment.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1236#discussion_r1484833587