On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 21:46:46 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> tests/system/src/test/java/test/com/sun/javafx/text/TextLayoutTest.java line
>> 414:
>>
>>> 412:             12.0f, 4.001953f
>>> 413:         ));
>>> 414:
>>
>> should we add tests for leading/trailing tabs and milti-line strings, and
>> multi-line with leading/trailing spaces?
>
> Multi line strings are I think addressed in the `hard wrap` cases (they
> contain line breaks).  I can add a case for leading space (I only have one
> for trailing space), and can add cases for tabs (although there is
> uncertainty on how they should be treated).

I think we can leave the existing behavior with TABs as is.
I would favor adding a test to capture the existing behavior, since you have
the context and are the most knowledgeable person to do so right now :-)

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1236#discussion_r1484836844