On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 22:23:44 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Using Eclipse IDE to remove unused imports in **demo apps** (3D, Ensemble,
>> etc.) and update the copyright year to 2024. Using wildcard for more than 10
>> static imports.
>>

>> --
>>
>> This is a trivial change (though fairly large), 1 reviewer is probably
>> enough.
>
> apps/samples/Ensemble8/src/app/java/ensemble/samplepage/Description.java line
> 35:
>
>> 33:
>> 34: import static ensemble.samplepage.SamplePage.INDENT;
>> 35: import static ensemble.samplepage.SamplePageContent.title;
>
> I see that the static imports (for ensemble.xxx) were moved up to the top. Is
> that deliberate?

it's how the formatter is currently configured.
do we have a preferred order?

> apps/samples/Ensemble8/src/app/java/ensemble/samplepage/Description.java line
> 55:
>
>> 53: import ensemble.SampleInfo;
>> 54: import ensemble.SampleInfo.URL;
>> 55: import ensemble.generated.Samples;
>
> I see that `ensemble.xxx` is moved after `javafx.xxx`; similarly, elsewhere I
> see `com.sun.xxx` imports moved after. What's the algorithm your IDE uses to
> sort imports? sort stuff that starts with "java" first and then everything
> else alphabetically?

this is how the IDE formatter is currently configured - it should not matter,
especially since it dos not use wildcards (except for static imports).

> apps/samples/Ensemble8/src/samples/java/ensemble/samples/graphics2d/puzzle/Piece.java
>  line 48:
>
>> 46: /**
>> 47:  * Node that represents a puzzle piece
>> 48:  */
>
> Hmm. This is more than just fixing imports. Were these lines reformatted
> because they were touching the modified import lines? Anything other than
> changes to the import statements will require extra time / mental energy to
> review.

this is just one spot that bothered me.  reformatted since I have to delete a
blank line.

won't happen again, I promise.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1420#discussion_r1534768134
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1420#discussion_r1534769787