On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 22:35:22 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> apps/samples/Ensemble8/src/app/java/ensemble/samplepage/Description.java
>> line 55:
>>
>>> 53: import ensemble.SampleInfo;
>>> 54: import ensemble.SampleInfo.URL;
>>> 55: import ensemble.generated.Samples;
>>
>> I see that `ensemble.xxx` is moved after `javafx.xxx`; similarly, elsewhere
>> I see `com.sun.xxx` imports moved after. What's the algorithm your IDE uses
>> to sort imports? sort stuff that starts with "java" first and then
>> everything else alphabetically?
>
> this is how the IDE formatter is currently configured - it should not matter,
> especially since it dos not use wildcards (except for static imports).

While it doesn't matter from a correctness point of view, if we are going to
make changes like this to several files across multiple PRs, I want to make a
deliberate decision rather than "whatever the Eclipse IDE happens to be
configured to do by default". That way whenever new files are created or
existing files are modified, we can have consistency rather than "dueling
import sorting".

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1420#discussion_r1539591609