On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:57:34 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <ara...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Here is a capture from my machine.
> I have two copies of source code: One with fix and other without fix.
> Please do unmute the video playback, you can listen to Narrator voice output.

@arapte Thank you for doing this and attaching it. This matches what I see and
is, I think, what Andy is seeing as well.

@koppor This clearly shows that the current version of the fix in this PR
introduces a regression. You will need to fix it before we can continue the
review. While testing and debugging this problem, use a manual program rather
than a Robot-based automated test.

Speaking of tests, we cannot reliably test a11y using automated tests, so I
wouldn't spend any more time trying to get your new
`TextAreaTest_Narrator_8330462` test working. The automated test in this PR
that verifies the correctness of the new `getEndIndex` method will have to do
(along with manual testing of the a11y functionality). Once you figure out what
the problem is with the `getEndIndex` method, you might want to add additional
cases to your test.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1442#issuecomment-2079640408