On Mon, 6 May 2024 21:35:40 GMT, drmarmac <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> `{@link #wrapAroundProperty wrapAround}` does not resolve **in Eclipse** (it
>> does in javadoc output).
>>
>> This might be Eclipse limitation, but it would be awfully nice to have it
>> resolved in Eclipse.
>
> I also fixed the min/max links to refer to minProperty/maxProperty. IntelliJ
> IDEA has the same problem as eclipse. I guess this has to do with the
> "javafx" option to the javadoc command (build.gradle:4286
> `options.addBooleanOption("javafx").setValue(true);`) that seems to allow to
> use the private fields' docs for the properties, by naming convention? Maybe
> we need to file issues in Eclipse/IntelliJ for this so they add the option to
> their javadoc renderer.

There are two issues here. The first is that you cannot just link to a `xxx`
property by name -- you have to link to the `xxxProperty` method. The former
doesn't work in the generated javadocs either (so it's not just an IDE
problem). The second issue seems specific to Eclipse, in that if you don't
prefix the method name with the name of the enclosing (outer) class, Eclipse
doesn't generate the link. That seems like an Eclipse bug to me, but as Andy
points out, it's a trivial thing to add the class name (and won't affect the
output).

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1450#discussion_r1591647400