> Another much better try to fix the issue. > I recommend to read: https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/2201 first. All > tests from there are included. > I added some new ones that succeed before and after, a first step for more > CSS tests as discussed in: > https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/2218#issuecomment-5094495306 > > My new idea is now the following constraint, which I think is also a much > better approach: > - A `CssStyleHelper` always has a correct `firstStyleableAncestor`. We can at > any time trust and rely on it. > - We will also reuse the existing loop for the `isUserSetFont` check to > improve the performance a bit > > Implementation: > - We now save a flag to exactly know in which CSS state the `Node` is. > - We will collect all `Node`s in the scene tree once and then reuse the list > when we need to process a stale `styleHelper` from a parent. > - This will make sure we do no process the parent again and again when we > have some stale `styleHelper`s in the chain > - Not every `Node` has a `styleHelper` - it is only created when needed, so > we can not attach the flag in there. > > This fixes the issue while a deep (optionally unstyled) scene graph has no > performance penality. > The approach is similar than my previous PR, but more smart. And with the set > constraint mentioned above. > > --- > > I do think we can improve the `CssStyleHelper` more. But for another day. > Maybe at one point, with more tests and when all requirements are clear, we > can find a way without `CssHelperState` and without creating an empty > `CssStyleHelper` just to hold trigger states (because of that, we need to > check `styleHelper.cacheContainer != null` a lot of times). > > > --------- > - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK > Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
Marius Hanl has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision: - idea how to fix that issue - failing test ------------- Changes: - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2225/files - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2225/files/3895063f..9744be2d Webrevs: - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=2225&range=04 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=2225&range=03-04 Stats: 287 lines in 4 files changed: 197 ins; 36 del; 54 mod Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2225.diff Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jfx.git pull/2225/head:pull/2225 PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2225
