On Sun, 27 Sep 2026 18:47:22 GMT, Christopher Schnick <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> It seems like long ago there were tiny rendering differences encountered 
> between the sw and hardware renderer when rendering rounded edges. Instead of 
> fixing the root cause, a workaround was added to just render the affected 
> edges using a manual sw renderer approach. It seems like everyong forgot, and 
> this workaround is still here. As a result, any region with uniform corner 
> radius 0 < r <= 4 is rendered using a software renderering approach right now.
> 
> Maybe the issue has been fixed somehow, the linked issue is very unspecific. 
> Even if not, and there are differences between the renderers, they don't 
> warrant this performance slowdown. I can't see a difference so far with this 
> workaround disabled.
> 
> You can see this case being logged when being run with 
> `-Djavafx.pulseLogger=true`. According to the counters at the end of a render 
> pass, around 10% of nodes were rendered using this ineffecient approach in 
> our application.
> 
> This case still happens for non-uniform corner radius values, but that is 
> somewhat expected.
> 
> ---------
> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
> Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

If I see that correctly, there is no current implementation to handle arbitrary 
corner radii. So one would have to implement that first on the shader level. 
That can be a follow-up to this issue

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2329#issuecomment-5910108778

Reply via email to