On Tue, 29 Sep 2026 23:07:55 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <[email protected]> wrote:

>> John Hendrikx has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional 
>> commit since the last revision:
>> 
>>   Update documentation according to review comments
>
> modules/javafx.base/src/main/java/javafx/collections/ObservableList.java line 
> 48:
> 
>> 46:  * guarantees described by {@link Observable} for their invalidation 
>> listeners: a listener
>> 47:  * that is removed while a notification is in progress may still be 
>> notified, and a nested
>> 48:  * notification notifies all listeners rather than only those that have 
>> already been notified.
> 
> Question: you removed the Observable's guarantee about nested notifications, 
> so does the part about the nested notification still apply as an exception? 
> Same question applies to ObservableMap and ObservableSet.

Yeah, I think I was too quick there -- the Observable should still mention that 
added/removed listeners will not participate in nested notifications (but with 
less technical wording, no mention of depth first) -- I clarified it in 
`Observable`, and I think that means we don't need to change anything for 
`ObservableList`+.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1081#discussion_r4177023793

Reply via email to