On Wed, 7 Oct 2026 20:24:46 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Yeah, I think I was too quick there -- the Observable should still mention 
>> that added/removed listeners will not participate in nested notifications 
>> (but with less technical wording, no mention of depth first) -- I clarified 
>> it in `Observable`, and I think that means we don't need to change anything 
>> for `ObservableList`+.
>
> The change to Observable is good. In this class, you say "nested notification 
> notifies all listeners rather than only those that have already been 
> notified." which isn't quite the same as Observable's "A listener that is 
> added while a notification is in progress is not notified as part of that 
> notification."
> 
> It might be fine as is, but I wanted to point out that slight difference.

I removed the nested part and kept it more neutral for the collection types to 
not lock ourselves into a specific implementation there; it should been 
adjusted when the nested language was removed in Observable.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1081#discussion_r4226582526

Reply via email to