Am 20.02.23 um 18:06 schrieb Howard Chu:
Ede Wolf wrote:
Hello,

This is probably more a ldif than an OpenLDAP question, but still, maybe
somebody knows the answer: Is there a way to put multibyte characters into an
attribute
value and let the server know, these are not to be treated literally, but are
utf8 character encodings?

Strings in LDAPv3 are all UTF-8, by definition. This is in RFC4511 section
4.1.2.

base64 encoding for LDIF values is mostly optional. As long as the string
you're entering doesn't have
embedded NUL or CR/LF characters, you don't need to use base64.

Thanks very much. Please, but how can I provide a non ascii character, that is not on my keyboard, for which I only have the code point or the hex values. Like I can do within the dn