Hi Ede,
in a search filter you are dealing with RFC 4515 which describes how to
escape values into that string, similar with URIs, which have their own
escaping rules you can leverage for this. With LDIF, you are dealing
with RFC 2849 which has no concept of escaping values: you can enter a
value as-is, base64 encoded or pass it from a separate file/URI but
that's it.

Hello Ondřej,

Thanks very much! That is exactly the anwer I have been looking for - even more so in fact, as additionally I have been educated, that the dn is a different part from the rest of the ldif. Makes sense, but I've never really thought of this before.

Even though, of course, it is not what I have been hoping to hear.

Thanks again to you and all who took their time to help!

Ede