Hi!

I'd say: Get the proper app (eg. BabelPad on Windows, see attachment) and then
BASE64-encode the string.

Regards,
Ulrich

Thanks, but windows is not an option. Again, base64 encoding is fine with echo -en "" | base64. With a browser I can search for the symbol and do copy paste into the ldif. All that works fine, even if my console font does not even support that symbol. I've done it. But feels a bit hackish.

I just hoped, there was an option, to tell the server, when the ldif has this sequence, interpret it as an ecoding, not as a literal string. Now I know, this does only work for the dn (and maybe only openldap, will test, see other post), and for the rest I do have a work around.