Am 22.02.23 um 11:28 schrieb Howard Chu:

The server doesn't do any reprocessing on the received strings. The escaping
was done by the client
(or libldap) when parsing your input. The server only processes UTF-8. You can
see this in the slapd
logs associated with the example ops I sent before:
The escaping is purely a client-side concern.

Got it. After all your help I have still been riding the wrong horse. Until now.

So it turns out, we are just somewhat lucky, that ApacheDS and ldapadd behave the same way in this regard. For importing ldif as well as for searching.

Then we'll have to wait and see, how the ibmldap tools will behave :)

Thanks again for the heads up

Ede