Thanks to Abdul for sending the code. I do not have development
environment. I cannot test out the code. If it works correctly then
let it be added to the trunk.
My problem is of using openmeetings with openldap. I wish to use
openmeetings in a production environment by next week.
The application is amazing. Thanks to all contributors for this
wonderful creation.

my error is the similar as others have reported (as found from google
searches). While trying to login error on console says
ERROR 10-14 22:02:55.384 LdapAuthBase.java 669828 103
org.openmeetings.app.data.user.Usermanagement [NioProcessor-1] -
Authentification on LDAP Server failed : [LDAP: error code 34 -
invalid DN]

om_ldap.cfg says
ldap_conn_url=ldap://myserver.net:389
  ldap_admin_dn=uid:admin,ou:people,dc:myserver,dc:net
  ldap_passwd=mypwd
  ldap_search_base=ou:people,dc:myserver,dc:net
  field_user_principal=uid
  ldap_auth_type=SIMPLE

alternately i tried changed the DN syntax that I use in other
applications as follows which gave a similar error message
  ldap_conn_url=ldap://myserver.net:389
  ldap_admin_dn=uid=admin,ou=people,dc=myserver,dc=net
  ldap_passwd=mypwd
  ldap_search_base=ou=people,dc=myserver,dc=net
  field_user_principal=uid
  ldap_auth_type=SIMPLE

ERROR 10-14 22:15:08.387 LdapAuthBase.java 1402831 103
org.openmeetings.app.data.user.Usermanagement [NioProcessor-1] -
Authentification on LDAP Server failed : [LDAP: error code 34 -
invalid DN]

I have been using the DN as uid=admin,ou=people,dc=myserver,dc=net for
other applications like openfire (xmpp jabber instant messenger).
i could not find use of colon punctuation ":" as part of a valid DN
syntax in openldap.

Have the core developers tried using openmeetings with openldap?
Please share your experience.

~prashant