On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Mindy Beseler
<mindy.bese...@imgtec.com> wrote:
> I must be missing some critical details somewhere!
>
> I downloaded
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.9/
> Configured and built it.

libusb-1.0.9 is missing many critical patches under Windows. You
should either use libusb.git or better the fork libusbx project which
provides Windows binaries.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbx/files/releases/1.0.14/Windows/

> Then I created a libusb-1.0 directory under the src directory and copied the
> libusb.h
> from the downloaded source Openocd compiles but it won't link because the
> libusb it looking for is libusb.a not libusb-1.0.a
>
> Is there a configure option to use the libusb-1.0.a instead of libusb.a?

By default it will use libusb-1.0 and not libusb-0.1 unless you use
--enable-libusb0.

If your libusb-1.0/libusbx files are not in the default compiler directory,
you need to explicitly set the flags CFLAGS  and LDFLAGS.

> Also where do I find WinUSB.sys it was not built as part of libusb-1.0.9
That is outside libusb-1.0 or libusbx. You can use Zadig to install the
WinUSB driver.
Ref:
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/wiki/Windows-Backend#wiki-Driver_Installation

--