On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Mindy Beseler <mindy.bese...@imgtec.com> wrote:
> Hi Xiaofan,
>  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  I was running into dead end after dead
> end trying to get winusb.sys installed on my XP box.
>
> So using both tips in your email and snippets from Peter's and Salvador's
> emails I finally have openocd working with the flyswatter probe and the ftdi
> usb driver.

Glad that you have got openocd working. Thanks for reporting back.

> I'm seeing much faster speeds:
>
> At  5M with 15 tcks inserted between each scan I'm seeing  159k/sec
> At 15M with 30 tcks inserted                   I'm seeing  182K/sec
>
> Not as fast as Salvador sees but much faster than what I was seeing before.

The ftdi driver is supposedly much better than the old ft2232 driver.
And I think your results are pretty good.

> I did notice to get the probe talking to the target took a lot more
> resets with this driver.

Maybe some of the resets are not necessary and can be removed.

> I took the flyswatter2.cfg from the ftdi directory and modified it for
> the flyswatter3.cfg and it worked so maybe we can remove the
> note at the top of the flyswatter2.cfg file?

Maybe you want to post your modified flyswatter3.cfg file here.
Or better yet, you can submit a patch to gerrit to get it included
in the git tree. Please refer to the patch guide here.
Ref: http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/html/patchguide.html

Which note? The latest flyswatter2.cfg in openocd.git is here.
The warning notes have been removed for some time.
http://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/code/ci/900f2998c8edeffa35f57696314caf0fb543a5af/tree/tcl/interface/ftdi/flyswatter2.cfg

#
# TinCanTools Flyswatter2
#
# http://www.tincantools.com/product.php?productid=16134
#

interface ftdi
ftdi_device_desc "Flyswatter2"
ftdi_vid_pid 0x0403 0x6010

ftdi_layout_init 0x0538 0x057b
ftdi_layout_signal LED -ndata 0x0400
ftdi_layout_signal nTRST -data 0x0010
ftdi_layout_signal nSRST -data 0x0020 -noe 0x0100

--
Xiaofan