I downgraded openocd to v0.8.0 (compiled from sources) and it works
correctly (catches breakpoint). I had to change probe to jlink and
transport to jtag (I was using Jtag Lock-pick tiny 2 with SWD - FTDI
based), but it makes no difference to openocd 0.9.0.

I will try bisecting this tomorrow.

Daniel

/\                        - against proprietary attachments