On January 16, 2018 6:24:31 AM PST, Michael Schwingen <mich...@schwingen.org>
wrote:
>Limiting file access to a list of configured directories should be
>enough.
>However, if you really need this, you can get that now by running
>OpenOCD in firejail.

Firejail looks like it might help. I’m not sure file access or local command
execution is the only issue here, though. OpenOCD is a tool for embedded system
development. Depending on the nature of said system, granting an attacker
access to the target probably allows them to at best create a 3.3-to-ground
short on a GPIO and perhaps damage the I/O driver, up to at worst set your desk
on fire. I’m not totally convinced that allowing an attacker to do *anything*
with OpenOCD is safe.

--
Christopher Head