Yes, I used the default setting of 8000. However I think I have now figured out
where the WAITs came from, and it’s not because the clock frequency was
inherently too high. Rather, it is because the reset-init handler for the chip
does the adapter_khz change. So on a two-chip chain, after the first chip runs
its reset-init handler, the adapter goes up to 8000, then the second chip,
which is not running on PLL yet, runs its reset-init handler with adapter
already at 8000 and issues WAITs in there.
--
Christopher Head