On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 12:03:12PM +0200,
b...@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de wrote:
> > I'm surprised I get no constructive feedback on this ticket. Now that
> > it's trivial to try a firmware with patched-out IDCODE check why isn't
> > anybody trying that?
>
> This is caused probably by different interpretations of "trivial" ...

I'm not sure what is the possible misunderstanding here. OpenOCD is
targetted at developers and surely it shouldn't be problematic for a
developer to unpack/pack zip files or to run a java utility for
encryption/decryption? And stlink users are of course targetting
cortex-m MCUs, so STM32F7 firmware is not something alien to them.

Am I missing anything essential?

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com