On May 23, 2009, at 6:48 PM, Zach Welch wrote:

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 18:42 -0700, Rick Altherr wrote:
On May 23, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Magnus Lundin wrote:

Common people

So much soul searching about a oneliner in jtag.c .

Setting the current tap state with cmd_queue_cur_state = TAP_RESET is
an obvious error as 5 minutes of code inspection in jtag.c will show
you.

The variable is not used in any dr/ir scan code, It is only used in
jtag_add_path_move to find the start state, and for sanity check in
jtag_add_clocks. It will be overwritten by the next call to
jtag_prelude
by any ir/dr scan, and all driver code uses tap_get_state() instead.

Actually ALL  uses of  cmd_queue_cur_state should be retired and
replaced  by correct accessor function tap_get_state(), as it is now
we
have two variables tracing the current tap state, cmd_queue_cur_state
and state_follower.

I am not saying that nothing will change from this, it most probably
will, but the old code is broken and perhaps it is time to fix it.

Have a nice weekend
Magnus

I don't think anyone is "soul searching" or avoiding this because it
in the jtag common code.  I know I've been busy the past few days.  I
believe Zach passed on the issue since he isn't familiar with the code
in any way.  From what I've seen go by on the list, this has been
tested and has either no immediate effect or a positive one.  I plan
to commit it, but not everyone is working on OpenOCD every day.

Sorry, his patches committed in r1892 an r1893.  I took a little time
and looked at the changes in more depth and decided to take the risk,
but I forgot to follow up here.  I am slowly making my way through the
list and finding things that have been missed or overlooked, back to
when I posted my 'submit lost works' post.

At this point, I have a system in place to make it unlikely for me to
let any threads be forgotten, but I am still trying to catch all those
that are still in the air.  One thing you might look at is David's
recent NAND changes ([patch] more NAND cleanup and doc updates), as
those are beyond my casual knowledge.

Cheers,

Zach

David's NAND changes were good to go. I just hadn't gotten to commit them yet. I had gone back through my backlog of emails and tried to catch any languishing patches as well. I _believe_ we are caught up and functionally complete for a 0.2.0 release.

--
Rick Altherr
kc8...@kc8apf.net

"He said he hadn't had a byte in three days. I had a short, so I split it with him."
 -- Unsigned