Hi Duane,

On 5/28/09, Duane Ellis <open...@duaneellis.com> wrote:
<sic>

> Imagine
>     (1) being able to plug OpenOCD/JTAG into the board.
>     (2) using some gerber view program - view the PCB
>     (3) Double click on a pin, or a trace with a mouse
>     (4) The trace starts blinking
>     (5) And openocd makes the trace toggle 0/1
>
> That alone would be a powerful debug tool, no debug software to write,
> no flash to program, no nothing.

OpenOCD needs this feature!

I think OpenOCD will need a script to convert the BSDL to some XML or
to a simple standard file (even C source code), then openocd can map
it to JTAG chain. Finally libopenocd will let other software to
control each pin individually.

It makes simple to CAD software (i.e. KiCAD) to do what you suggested.
Also it will make easy to someone create a simple graphical python
interface with all pins from a BGA chip, then you just click on a ball
(a pin) to change its status.

Regards,

Alan