+++ Nico Coesel [2009-06-23 22:21 +0200]:
>    I know I promised to contribute some go-along-the-road driver development
>    documentation. The task of creating a driver for an FPGA JTAG accellerator
>    is on my plate. However at the present I'm not sure if I'm willing to
>    contribute any more. I'd rather contribute to an OpenOCD fork that is
>    geared towards allowing as many people possible to use OpenOCD as
>    conveniently as possible.

I don't see how forking is going to help. OpenOCD has been GPL from
the start. Going back to earlier versions isn;t going to make any
difference. I suppose you could go right back to Dominic's original,
combined with his statement of implied FTD2XX exception - that might
fly.

Good luck with that. I think you'd be on a hiding to nothing.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/