<Zach saying NO!>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberum_veto

Learn what this fantastic rule gave us, and stop talking about
"community", because you are talking for a few people (5? 10?), and not
for all of us. Now I see GPL and your attitude towards it, "the
community" and whole OpenOCD vs. FTDI case to be as good as liberum veto.

About the flame wars - since you are a developer I see those twice a
month, along with some people departing the team. What is your great
contribution to the code? Moving the scripts around in the tree,
documentation updates, changing a==12; to a == 12; or u8 to uint8_t
surely takes lot's of updates, so you probably already win by the
numbers. How about some self-criticism, Mr.
Self-Proclaimed-Leader-Of-The-Community?

If you grant the right to speak only to those who write the code, that's
fine, but I think that this project was created for people to use it,
not for you to write some code for the pure sake of writing the code.
Why don't ordinary users have any right to vote for changes? Oh - right
- they do, they just have to pay you.

It's clear to me, that many here have forgotten the main IDEA. The IDEA
behind OpenOCD was to provide a free and open tool for ARM developers
that could be used with FT2232-based JTAGs. Now some think the idea is
to be Uber-GPL-we-don't-care-for-the-users.

4\/3!!