Hi Xiaofan,

The second part of the patch is most certainly critical to Linux and Mac OS
X systems.  I am less sure about Windows since I don't have anything to
test.  If the usb_reset instruction is removed, you will find that the
intermittent start-up failures that went away with the patch will be back.

Other then the "reset halt" command being broken, my V8 debugger works well
and I have experienced no startup failures since.  As for the "reset halt"
problem I am trying to find out what is causing that.

Gary

Gary Carlson

Gary Carlson, MSEE
Principal Engineer