On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Gary Carlson<gcarl...@carlson-minot.com> wrote:
> Your statement is correct.  Underlying the fancy GUI of Mac OS X is really a
> variant of the BSD UNIX operating system.  So it is not terribly surprising
> that both Linux and Mac behave similar in this case.  Based on past
> development experiences I have generally observed a problem cross-over rate
> of about 75% between the two systems.
>
> Windows unfortunately is a different story!  :)

I will ask in the libusb mailing list why it still works under Linux
and Mac OS X.
The USB implementation of Mac OS X is very different from FreeBSD in
reality even though the other part of the OS kernel is very much based on
FreeBSD. FreeBSD now has a new usb implementation which hopefully
can have the possibility of catching up with Linux (a long way to go).
The previous USB stack under FreeBSD is quite broken based on my
brief experiences (no longer playing with FreeBSD since it fails to install
on my Acer M1641).

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com