Hi Spencer,

I will do some more digging. It sounds like you have a Windows test
platform.  Was the intermittent startup issue ever a problem on this
operating system?

Based on Xiaofan's recent digging it sounds like the usb_reset solution is a
temporary fix that is going to cause future problems for upcoming kernels.
That is too bad, because I have used that on other tools to fix bad USB
behavior. To me this says that libusb is broken.  Something is not always
being initialized properly by usb_open when it is first called.

The other question that might shed some light that I am hoping someone else
on the list can answer is whether the intermittent startup issue plagues
other non-jlink USB dongles.

Gary

Gary Carlson

Gary Carlson, MSEE