On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Spencer Oliver<s...@spen-soft.co.uk> wrote:
>> > Yesterday I tried flashing the STM3210E-Eval using OpenOCD
>> 0.2.0 under Windows and it seems the V3 J-Link  works well and the
>> speed is not bad (similar to What Freddie got for the FTD2xx version).

I probably have not learned all the tricks to speed up the
download. I will try more tests later.

>> The speed of J-Link is much faster with J-Link GDB Server
>> according to the data here.
>> http://www.yagarto.de/projects/jtagspeed/index.html
>>

> But that is using segger's own gdbserver and driver.
> The jlink hardware is fast, the issue is the driver.

I agree that the driver plays a part. But the host
program plays a bigger part. In fact, both libusb
and libusb-win32 driver have no problem to
achieve quite good bulk transfer speed.

Example: about 1MB/s with libusb-win32. The theoretical
maximum for full speed bulk transfer is 1216KB/s.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=430889

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com