On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Wookey<woo...@wookware.org> wrote:
> We found that switching from openocd r1609 to openocd r2529 using
> libftdi (0.13) with either amontec JTAGkey or olimex USB-tiny the
> upload speed approximately doubled. (from 4MB in 6 minutes to 4MB in 3
> minutes)

This is about 22KB/s. What if you use libftdi 0.16? It is supposed to
be faster with the async mode under Linux.

> The new fast speed approximately equals the performance of amontec
> JTAGKey on Windows with the amontec-supplied libftd2xx and r717-ish
> openocd.

That is quite nice. Maybe with libftdi 0.16 under Linux, it can beat
the Windows libftd2xx version. But on the other hand, maybe you
can try the latest version with libftd2xx under Windows. The data
would be interesting. Supposedly that would still be faster.

> I don't have the actual numbers to hand but can post them when I get
> back if this is interesting.

Please post it. Thanks.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com