Hi everyone,

<Flamewar protection on>

I just glance at the mailing list chatter, so please excuse if my
suggestion/comment is completely off the wall/misinformed/completely wrong and
please ignore it if that's the case.

I get the impression that you (the developers) are butting your head against
the limitations of C. Why don't you finish development to get a stable C
version of OpenOCD working and then design an object-orientated C++
architecture with all of the experience and insights that you have gained so
far? I'm thinking that the abstraction and encapsulation will do a lot to clean
up the code and make the architecture flexible/expandable.

Also, it would be nice if you switched to a human readable scripting language,
i.e. Lua :)

</Flamewar protection on>

Sincerely,
Pieter Conradie
Notice
This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this email in
error and are not the intended recipient, you are hereby informed that you are
not entitled to read, broadcast, distribute or in any manner whatsoever use the
contents of this email or any attachments thereto.  You are requested to please
notify Psitek that you have received the email and then delete it.  Unless
clearly stated otherwise, the content and sentiments expressed in this email or
any attachments thereto are those of the sender and not of Psitek (Proprietary)
Limited.  Psitek does not accept liability for any damages, loss or expense of
any nature whatsoever arising (a) out of or in connection with the email or any
attachments thereto and/or (b) from any act or omission by the recipient
relying upon the content of the email or attachments.  Psitek further disclaims
liability for any damages caused by computer and/or software viruses.  Should
this email contain the terms of a contract, no binding agreement will result
until such time as a written (hardcopy) document is signed on behalf of Psitek.