On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Mahr, Stefan <stefan.m...@sphairon.com> wrote:
>>> fast_load does not work for me. But it also did not work before, so I is
>>> maybe a different issue.
>> Did you tried it with my patches applied, or before ? Because these
>> patches fix fastdata transfer.
>
> I work with HEAD of git repository.

Yes, but this changed after Øyvind integrated your first changes. Did
the FASTSCAN worked for you before these ?

>> If you inversed byte order before it comes to the code I added, maybe
>> you have to remove my patches now, which flip bytes again.
>
> I modified your endianness swapping code. The order of bytes in host's
> byte array now depends on target endianness and works equal for both LE
> and BE hosts. I think it's the way target.c works.

I did not saw changes to the mips_m4k_write_memory() and
mips_m4k_read_memory() (where my byte-flip code lives) in the patches
you presented. Maybe I did not follow carefully...

> I am not very happy with my crappy patch code, but if it is confirmed to
> work we could find a smarter way.

I still did not test it. I can confirm that it worked as I expected
before your changes, though. But if these changes would help the
design they should be integrated and then the rest of the code
corrected, so that the OpenOCD code stays as consistent as possible.

I'll take a look soon...

BR,
Drasko