On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Jie Zhang <jzhang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Jie Zhang <jzhang...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Another option is to drop mingw32 and require mingw-w64.
>>>

>> Do not do that. usleep is fine with later version of MinGW.org
>> Win32API package.
>>
>> This is probably because you have a very old version of MinGW
>> and MinGW Win32-API. Seems to be a problem with Debian.
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/BaseSystem/RuntimeLibrary/Win32-API/
>>
>> Debian seems to ship a 3-year old MinGW Win32-API.
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=mingw32
>>
> Hmm, good point. I have written an email to the mingw32-runtime
> package maintainer of Debian to see if he has any plan to update it to
> the latest version.

BTW, there are other problems with the Linux MinGW packages
in Debian/Ubuntu.

This is one of them which does not affect C based programs
like OpenOCD but it will affect C++ based programs.
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/36693

Basically MinGW.org native compiler and the Cygwin
i686-pc-ming32 cross compiler are built with --disable-sjlj-exceptions
whereas many Linux MinGW cross compilers are built with
a default option which is --enable-sjlj-exceptions. That is the
case with MinGW package inside Ubuntu 11.04.

On the other hand, MinGW-w64 packages inside Ubuntu
is also not that usable since it is quite old (even for the
upcoming 11.10). So I always use other versions. But Debian
Sid seems to be better in this aspect.

--
Xiaofan