On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Jie Zhang <jzhang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is probably because you have a very old version of MinGW
>> and MinGW Win32-API. Seems to be a problem with Debian.
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/BaseSystem/RuntimeLibrary/Win32-API/
>>
>> Debian seems to ship a 3-year old MinGW Win32-API.
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=mingw32
>>
> Hmm, good point. I have written an email to the mingw32-runtime
> package maintainer of Debian to see if he has any plan to update it to
> the latest version.

Hmm, it seems you are out of luck. The Debian MinGW32
maintainer seemed to think there is a licensing issue somewhere
and refused to update. You may have to build your own
3.17 version as in the following thread.

Ubuntu has it updated since 9.10 but still stuck with the
same old MinGW gcc. Luckily the gcc version is not an
issue. I am running 10.04 and 11.04 and have no problems
with cross-build OpenOCD.
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/m/mingw32-runtime/mingw32-runtime_3.15.2-0ubuntu1/changelog
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/m/mingw32/

--