Anders Montonen wrote:
> > Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> >> My first instinct is to move the mailing list wholesale to sourceforge.
> > I agree strongly with this.
> > I am personally very strongly against depending on companies based in
> > the US for open source project infrastructure.
>
> lol wut?
>
> From <http://sourceforge.net/about>:
> "SourceForge.net is owned and operated by Geeknet, Inc., a publicly
> traded US-based company."

I expected this. :)

Mailing lists are an exception, because participation does not
require creating an SF user account.

Another less important factor is that open lists require a lot of
work to operate (as everyone having operated a mail server knows)
and a large operator benefits tremendously from economy of scale,
thus can do a very good job at keeping mailing lists efficient and
pleasant.

//Peter