On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:59:04PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>It is a good idea, though I also view growing of the bootstrap as a hefty
>disadvantage. That should be kept as simple as possible, and might outweigh
>the easier macro usage you mentioned. In any case, I'll leave the decision
>up to Ralf the bootstrap architect.

Currently the bootstrap causes problems when used on a network where the
openpkg users are on an LDAP server since there's nothing in the /etc/...
files on the local system.  Running the binary bootstrap script then
inserts the files with the next available user and group IDs.  The extra
entries then need to be removed from the files, and the permissions for the
new instance fixed using ``rpm --setugids openpkg'' which is a bit of a
PITA.

Bill

That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is
the symbol of democracy.  It is our job to see that it stays there.
   --GEORGE ORWELL
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]