On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 06:18:08PM -0700, Conrad Steenberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> Would patches that implement (as options, turned off by default) shared
> libraries and relocation be acceptable?
>
> I'm in a situation that I need those features, but dread having to fork
> a set of package spec files etc. for my own use.

I think, the shared library "problem" needs to be addressed some day,
anyway.
What are there for known problems ? I think uncontrolled dependencies
(automatically picked up shared libs) are the greatest problem, aren't
they ?
Instead of patching all the many spec-Files that have "disable-shared"
set etc., wouldn't it be possible to introduce a global setting (with
a default of "no").

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47
   >> Im prämotorischen Cortex kann jeder ein Held sein. (bdw) <<
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]