On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 03:04:31AM +0200, Martin Konold wrote:
> My personal main issue with the static linking is that in case I am
> developing
> a package for OpenPKG I have a _very_ hard time to make _certain_ that the
> correct libraries get picked up during compile time.

With dynamic linking you have the same problem and additionally you
have it when you run the program.

Saying that: it would be very nice to have the ldd information for
statically linked libraries. In former times you did this by
including SCCS identifiers in the source code but which is difficult
to do when you just package existing sources.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]