I checked and indeed these did add syslog entries:

 logger -p mail.info foo
 logger -p mail.notice foo!

I suspect there is some syntax error in the fsl.postfix file as it stops logging to
the file when I make the change too. In fact the following would not log to the
postfix.log file either:

----
##
##  fsl.postfix -- OSSP fsl configuration for Postfix
##

ident (postfix/.+)/.+ q{
#    debug: syslog(
#       target="remote",
#       remotehost="localhost",
#       ident="postfix",
#       facility="mail"
#    );
    prefix(
        prefix="%b %d %H:%M:%S %N <%L> $1[%P]: "
    )
    -> {
        debug: file(
            path="/opt/openpkg/var/postfix/log/postfix.log",
            append=1, perm=0644
        )
    }
};
----

whereas this would:

----
##
##  fsl.postfix -- OSSP fsl configuration for Postfix
##
#    debug: syslog(
#       target="remote",
#       remotehost="localhost",
#       ident="postfix",
#       facility="mail"
#    );

ident (postfix/.+)/.+ q{
    prefix(
        prefix="%b %d %H:%M:%S %N <%L> $1[%P]: "
    )
    -> {
        debug: file(
            path="/opt/openpkg/var/postfix/log/postfix.log",
            append=1, perm=0644
        )
    }
};
----

Any idea what the syntax error might be? I can't find any record of the error in
parsing the fsl file.

Martin
----
Martin Andrews