On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Martin Andrews wrote:

Hi,

> struggled with the fsl.postfix configuration. Syntax or other errors in
> the fsl.postfix file caused postfix to dump core. Ug. Finally found that

The fact that changes in the fsl or errors in configuring lead to core
dumps lets me doubt if fsl is a good approach to the problem. In general I
had several reports of people having problems with fsl which have been
hard to track down. E.g. a program crashes because the log file is not
writable etc. Additionally because of the static nature of OpenPKG it is
not so easy to track down.

In the kolab project we therefor decided to disable fsl everywhere.

In general people are not used to crashes due to a non working logging
setup. Taditionally if logging was not possible for whatever reason
programs did continue to work.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569  Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]