Let me try to ask in another way ;-(

Today I have build courier-imap for RH7.3 based strictly on the source
downlowded from the developer site. This source comes with a redy .spec

What I don't know is what should be better for me to do:

option a) (simpler) Just run the package I build for RH7.3.
           Here I  whant to know if it is OK to run this executable that
           was compiled with RH7.3 versions of ldap, mysql, etc..
           while now I'm pretending to use the OpenPKG versions of them.

option b) Make some adjustments (tips are welcome) to adapt the .spec
          so that it integrates with OpenPKG needs an then rebuild courier
          as if it where an "oficial" OpenPKG package.
          Here I'm a litle woried with the complexity of adapting the .spec
          as I'm no rpm/gcc guru ;-(