Hi Bill

Your courier-imap seams to be build at 2003-11-24, but ver 1.5.3 seams preaty
old compared to curently downloadable source at :
http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#imap
   Version:2.2.1 (27-Nov-2003).

Do you have a different version sequence or why is this great diference ?

PS: Do you have any contact to your mailserver ? My mailserver (200.211.5.6) is
beeing blocked by nsrbldeny.ecsis.net, but realy I'm no spammer and so far I let
other check I'm not an open relay. Unfortunetly I couldn't find why and how to
get out of the blockhole list

Cópia Bill Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:
> >On Tue, Dec 09, 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> I just realised that there is no package for Courier-IMAP avaiable
> in
> >> OpenPKG-1.3.
> >>
> >That's right. We just have the Cyrus IMAP server. It's very good.
>
> My problem with cyrus-imap is it uses its own private databases,
> and it's difficult to use with standard *ix tools.
>
> >> Can I just execute the courier-imap I build for my "OpenPKG hosting
> >> distro" and integrate with Postfix, LDAP, ... from OpenPKG ?
> >>
> >That would be nice for you to make the Courier IMAP package. It would
> be a
> >good addition to the project. It should make a good companion to the
> Postfix
> >package, just like the Cyrus IMAP server.
>
> I have one we use here.  My build includes whoson support that I
> added since I couldn't find other patches.

ftp://ftp.celestial.com/private/ftp.openpkg.org/release/1.3/SRC/courier-imap-1.5.3-20031124.src.rpm

> The spec file is pretty messy, and uses some macros I've pulled over
> from
> Caldera's version of RPM.  One particularly nasty bit is that it builds
> the
> program twice due to some dependencies in the Makefiles triggered by
> the
> whoson patches.  I couldn't figure out a prettier way to deal with
> that.
> My spec file also violates OpenPKG standards by building multiple
> package
> to separate out the different database authentication methods.  There's
> package that adds these to OpenPKG as well:

ftp://ftp.celestial.com/private/ftp.openpkg.org/release/1.3/SRC/csrpmutils-0.90-20030119.src.rpm