I'm trying to install horde/imp under OpenPKG Release 1.3, and having
problems with missing libraries and/or pear packages.  My basic problem is
probably that I'm a php newbie.

  1.  It appears to me that one must install php as well as enabling
      mod_php in apache to get PEAR.php and the rest of the php stuff
      installed under %{l_prefix}/lib/php where mod_php can find it.  I
      presume that this is to allow installation of php as a standalone
      package without installing apache.

  2.  In the horde Registry.php a "require-once 'PEAR.php';" fails.  Adding
      the full path works around the problem, but I would think this should
      be found in the normal include_path.

  3.  Horde/IMP wants ``Log.php'' which was included in the separate pear
      tarballs on earlier versions of php before pear was incorporated in
      the base php distribution.

  4.  I tried doing a ``pear download Log'', which worked, but when I tried
      doing the ``pear install Log'', it failed with ``Call to a member
      function on a non-object in %{l_prefix}/lib/php/PEAR/Installer.php on
      Line 502''.  At this point it would take me quite a bit of php study
      to figure this out.

  5.  I untarred the ``Log-1.8.4.tgz'' file, and it appears that installing
      this just requires copying the directory into the %{l_prefix}/lib/php
      directory.

I don't understand why the php and apache mod_php modules aren't finding
the files in the %{l_prefix}/lib/php directory.

Bill

Make no laws whatever concerning speech and, speech will be free; so soon as
you make a declaration on paper that speech shall be free, you will have a
hundred lawyers proving that ``freedom does not mean abuse, nor liberty
license;'' and they will define and define freedom out of existence.
        - Voltarine de Cleyre (1866-1912)