What is the proper way to enable various pieces of software installed
under OpenPKG?  I know you use the $root/etc/rc command and the
$root/etc/rc.conf is what configures it, but what exactly would you
place into the rc.conf file?  Do I simply put "$root/etc/rc apache
start" on one line and then another service on the next line, etc?  Or
do you use the `rc --config` command to make the changes?  My confusion
is that in the rc.conf it states all services are disabled by default,
but when I execute `rc --config` it shows me that the default is to have
the services enabled and the effective value is also enabled, however
they do not startup on boot.  Do I need to disable then re-enable the
software I want to add which then in turn modifies the rc.conf
appropriately?  Please advise or point me to documentation that explains
this, I couldn't seem to find anything that directly speaks to this
matter.  Thank you.

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu